What we do
We empower creative and holistic practitioners through effective knowledge transfer in training and 1:1 consultancy.
In more detail, we provide:
1. Masterclasses, short courses and experiential workshops making legal knowhow accessible to non-lawyers
We design and deliver masterclasses, short courses and experiential workshops making contracts and copyright essentials accessible to non-lawyers.
We have recently delivered courses and sessions at the National Fine Art and Decorative Society, the School for Creative Startups, Be Smart About Art, the Association of Women Art Dealers, the Mary Ward Centre, Greenwich Entrepreneurs Club, UCL Enterprise Society, the Coding Academy, the Coach with the Hat.
2. Terms and Conditions setting your business up for success
We review your business processes and strategic aims to produce terms and conditions that are clear and transparent.
Where your clients understand what they are signing, their expectations are clear from the outset which helps avoid disputes further down the line.
We ensure that your T&C’s:
• Allocate the roles and responsibilities between you and your client.
• Have clear payment terms, including due dates for any installments and a clear cancellations policy.
• Are integrated with sales, invoicing and debt recovery processes.
• Accurately reflect your business and industry sector.
• Manage your liability effectively.
• Meet the requirements of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, where your clients are consumers.
• Reflect your brand and business values.
Who we are
6 Minute Bites was created by Lubna Gem Arielle, a lawyer/educator/communications consultant specialising in contracts, copyright, collaboration and connection.
Originally a city solicitor, I worked in a number of legal roles, including at CMS Cameron McKenna, FieldFisher, PricewaterhouseCoopers, US firm Steptoe and as a music lawyer at Magrath & Co.
At the tail end of my more conventional legal career, I studied fine art part-time at Central Saint Martins and later went on to study social sculpture at Oxford Brookes and performance at City Lit and now have a career portfolio spanning law and art with a focus on the creation and effective transfer of knowledge as a legal and business consultant / course designer / lecturer / writer.
Elements of Lubna’s portfolio that sit alongside 6 Minute Bites are:
- Lecturing in law on the MA in Arts Policy and Management at Birkbeck, University of London, and the MA in Arts and Business at Sothebys Institute of Art
- Advising the creative industries and artists as a Partner with creative arts business consultancy, The Henry Lydiate Partnership
- Advising visual artists through Artquest
- Training professionals on outcomes-focused communications as a legal experiential practitioner with PCA Law